Monday, November 10, 2008

How We Stayed Frugal Last Christmas

Looks like I'm not the only one starting to get ready for Christmas, other than the stores of course.. I think the Christmas tree at target went up November 1st. Last year we were really looking for a way to stretch our Christmas budget, and what better way to do that than to make Christmas presents. Plus come on, I love any excuse to be crafty..  so last year we printed out Christmas coloring pages from various online sources, (Goggle it you'll come up with dozens)

For both my dad, and my fil I bought baskets on sale at Michael's during Black Friday.. I might have paid 5$ for both baskets. I lined those with Christmasy fabric and filled them with homemade cookies. then rolled up a coloring page for each of them and tied it with a pretty ribbon.

My Mom, Great Aunt (Read Grandma), and DH's Grandparents got a coloring page that a long with some good pictures of Moira were framed. The frames we also got at Michael's on Black Friday they were $5 each after all of the coupons/discounts

His grandparents also got a box that I painted Christmasy filled with cookies. I can't reveal what I'm doing this year because I might be comming out of the bloggy closet soon, therefore don't want to reveal any major secrets..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My little guy is just 3 months old, so I'm not quite in the place to be crafty this year. Last year I did a lot of knitting, and managed to save money that way. I hope to be back to crafting soon.

Thanks for the welcome on BlogHer. :-)